Thursday, June 16, 2011

#4 thing I love about Brazil is...










The litoral norte or the northeast cost of São Paulo. It is absolutely amazing that it is possible for a city as large as São Paulo to have beaches like these. I spent a week on these beaches for my honeymoon. Some of them you have to definitely take the road less traveled to get there. One of my favorites is call bora bora where we had to drive for 30 minutes on a little dirt road through the mata atlantica(Atlantic jungle) to get to the beach. The beach itself was almost deserted and the water was crystal clear. São Paulo has other beaches like Santos, Praia Grande and Guarujá but those are not the best beaches. In my clearly biased opinion I think that these beaches could easily compete for best beaches in Brazil. The Drive to get there is breathtaking, as you leave the city there is a distinct division or border, its almost as fast as you can snap your fingers you are surrounded by forest, clean air and mouth dropping scenery. If you ever visit São Paulo, it is imperative that you take a couple days out of your vacation to go to places like Ilha Bela, and the rest of the litoral norte. I will try and post some links about the litoral norte throughout the day for you. Até logo, e um abraço
















1 comment:

  1. I think the beaches are MY #1 thing I love about Brazil... :) Itamambuca is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete