Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sorry about not posting yesterday but I didn't have access to a computer all day. So I am gonna try to post 2 things today.


The #20 thing that I love about Brazil is......
Barber shops. Here in Brazil we still use old school barber shops. None of this going to some hair salon where there are only women and gay guys to cut your hair. Although here in Brazil, all "Cabeleiros" or Barbers are suspect. But it is very nice to go to a place and have your hair cut while watching the game. Also the only kind of talk that goes on in the barber shop is about manly topics, such as the game, or some sort of politics. And if you want,  you can still get a quick shave with a straight edged razor.




The #21 thing that I love about Brazil is....
Airplane service in Brazil is topnotch. Stewards in Brazil are by far some of the most polite people that exist in the world. In the US service is cheap and most of the time the stewards who are serving you act like they get paid minimum wage, and don't show much patience with the people who are flying. On the other hand, in Brazil, Stewards are patient and will do whatever it takes to get you whatever you need. Oh and you can also get Guaraná on Brazilian flights. So if your flying to or from Brazil, thank your steward and then ask them for an ice cold guaraná and enjoy the service, because as soon as your back in the good ol US of A, you can kiss the service goodbye. Até logo e um abraço.

2 comments:

  1. Actually I have only ever flown once with Tam and sorry,sadly this wasn't my experience but having read this I will give them another go.Maybe I just got an off day with the stewardess, my general experience with Brazilian's is once they realize I am English,they seem to love me, it's one reason I love living here:)
    thanks good site

    ReplyDelete
  2. While it is true that staff on flights are polite and forthcoming, airline organization and competence are quite the opposite. Long gone are the days of professional airlines such as VARIG or VASP. Today's Brazilian airlines LATAM, AZUL and GOL are amateurish, obtuse and inefficient. This is particularly evident at airport ground operations, but also in the atrocious mismanagement of reservations.

    ReplyDelete