Monday, April 9, 2012

The number 24 thing that I love about Brazil........


The 24TH thing that I love about Brazil is it's Easter traditions. I think that I might be a sucker for anything that gets the family together around the dinner table. So on Easter Sunday this year I went to my "Sogros" or in-law's  house for lunch. (Here in Brazil they eat the big meals during lunch and have a smaller meal for dinner) We had roasted chicken with bacon, ham, and cheese that somehow, maybe even miraculously was stuffed and roasted inside the chicken.We also had nhoque gnocchi, which is actually an Italian dish but still delicious. My Sogra or mother-in-law made the nhoque with a spaghetti sauce and ground beef and Parmesan cheese. Then Brazilians have the traditional chocolate Easter egg. These eggs range in size and flavors. I will post a couple pictures for you to have an idea. But it's chocolate heaven for, well, anyone. So we had all of my wife's family there and it was a nice evening. I ate my fill, played with my two nephews one is, 5 and the other just turned 1. But it's not just Easter that I enjoyed, here in Brazil as you can see from post number 11 they take any chance they can get to have just another day off. So we also had good Friday off of work. My Easter weekend was a 3 day event. Which makes it even better that many people have the tradition of going down to the beach for the holiday. And when you live in a city of a million people it's nice to have the city to yourself, so to speak. Easter for me meant a break from traffic, work and stress. All around Easter was great, I ate a ton, spent time with family and got to relax. Is there anything better than that? So até logo e um abraço.


Just so you know, these eggs can cost anywhere from 10 reais to well over 100 reais. Note that in the fist two pictures the chocolate eggs weigh more than 3lbs.












gnocchi--->

3 comments:

  1. That chicken dish looks really good, I'm going to give it a go. I love living in Brazil.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you will find this interesting...
    http://brasilianischesportugiesisch.blogspot.de/
    This is my blog about teaching Portuguese in Germany.
    Hope to see you there!
    Albany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I like your post, i've been to Rio twice on business trip! I like go around the nightlife there & the scene of the city! But the best thing is the Peoples, They are the warmest welcome citizen than others countries!

    ReplyDelete